LearnAU is Ashland University's Instructional Design and Technology Center
Mission and Vision
LearnAU (Ashland University’s Instructional Design and Technology Center) works with faculty to support, inspire, and engage students when using digital learning in classroom, hybrid, and fully online courses. We partner with faculty to research, design, develop, and implement the digital tools and strategies that contribute to academic excellence and student success as outlined in AU’s strategic plan, Ashland Rising 2020.
In service of our mission, the Instructional Design and Technology Center:
- works with faculty to develop online course content and digital learning materials that deliver strong learning outcomes aligning with the instructor’s instructional vision;
- maintains and administers the instructional technology infrastructure at Ashland University, including the Learning Management System, Video Delivery, and real-time collaboration tools;
- consults with faculty to discuss, plan, and explore new teaching, learning and technology projects;
- encourages communication, collaboration and instructional technology use by holding Instructional Design and Technology Talks for the campus community, as well as individual sessions; and
- experiments with, and evaluates, new teaching technologies and teaching/learning approaches.