Alpha Delta Pi – Epsilon Nu Chapter

Alpha Delta Pi, originally known as the Adelphean Society (from adelphḗ, the Greek word for sister), was the first secret society for college women. It was founded on May 15, 1851, at the first institution in the world to grant university degrees to women: Wesleyan Female College in Macon, Georgia. The women of Alpha Delta Pi carry the open motto “We live for each other” with them daily as they espouse and enact their founders’ guiding principles of scholarship, self, sorority and sisterhood.

At Ashland University, the Epsilon Nu chapter of Alpha Delta Pi embraces charity and promotes every opportunity to support those in need. Throughout the year, sisters visit the Cleveland Ronald McDonald House, where they cook dinners for the families staying there and make crafts with kids in need of kindness. They support the Ronald McDonald House further with annual charity fundraisers, such as the Diamond Classic golf outing, Rock-4-RMH, the Silent Auction and Pie-a-Pi.

Image
alpha delta pi

Contact Information

Riley Thomas
Alpha Delta Pi President
rthoma11@ashland.edu

Valerie Zeno
Alpha Delta Pi Advisor
valerie.a.zeno@gmail.com

Quick Facts

  • Nickname: ADPi
  • Colors: Azure and White
  • Symbols: Lion and Diamond
  • Philanthropy: Ronald McDonald House
  • Installed at Ashland University: April 29, 1967
  • Office: Alpha Delta Pi Suite, 3rd floor of Clark Hall

Campus Programs and Philanthropy Events

  • Frequent visits to the Cleveland Ronald McDonald House
  • Diamond Classic Golf Outing
  • Rock-4-RMH 
  • RMH Awareness Week
  • Silent Auction
  • Semi-Formal
  • Black Diamond Ball

Awards and Honors