- Focus on corporate responsibility, public safety, and preparedness has grown and competent communication skills are… t.co/mBuA7jXy5C
- Communication studies graduates are in demand. Here's why you should choose a degree in communication studies from… t.co/yuMFhb5Y6u
- The Communication Studies Department Welcomes Dr. Cory Hillman t.co/TpD8brZoIY
What you will enjoy about Communication Studies:
Engaging in communication research and revealing interesting insights into how human beings communicate
Gaining the needed skills that are required for today’s communication specialist that will translate into many career opportunities
Getting involved in the various opportunities to aid underserved through the application of communication concepts and strategies
Student & Faculty Research
The faculty and students of the Department of Communication Studies work closely together to create cutting edge research that is frequently presented at state and regional conferences. Such collaboration between faculty and student has resulted in a “culture of scholarship” that provides the students with the research skills that are heavily sought after by employers in all sectors. Our students carry these research experiences with them into the workplace or on to graduate school. Some of the research projects that our students have presented at conferences include the following:
- "The Ashland YMCA: Rejuvenating a Legacy"
- "Have a Heart: Become an Organ Donor"
- "Caregivers of People Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease"