- The Department of Communication Studies was represented at both the graduate and undergraduate levels at the... t.co/WwaeGwM0T1
- The Department of Communication Studies was represented at both the graduate and undergraduate levels at the... t.co/Ojfe0f9bmW
- H&R Majors: Be on the lookout for our new H&R Club! More info will be given out soon. Stay tuned!
Publications & Research
Give to the Department of Communication Studies
By donating any amount you're making a big difference in our department's future. To designate your gift to communication studies, select “Other” in the "Designated Options" and type the department's name in the associated box.
Communication Studies is a field that encompasses Health and Risk Communication, Public Relations and Strategic Communication and Sport Communication. Communication Studies involves all aspects of human interaction in all contexts including organizational, interpersonal, persuasion, healthcare, sports, family, small group, mass and mediated and other contexts of communication.
What you will enjoy about Communication Studies:
Engaging in communication research and revealing interesting insights into how human beings communicate
Gaining the needed skills that are required for today’s communication specialist that will translate into many career opportunities
Getting involved in the various opportunities to aid underserved through the application of communication concepts and strategies
Student & Faculty Research
The faculty and students of the Department of Communication Studies work closely together to create cutting edge research that is frequently presented at state and regional conferences. Such collaboration between faculty and student has resulted in a “culture of scholarship” that provides the students with the research skills that are heavily sought after by employers in all sectors. Our students carry these research experiences with them into the workplace or on to graduate school. Some of the research projects that our students have presented at conferences include the following:
- "The Ashland YMCA: Rejuvenating a Legacy"
- "Have a Heart: Become an Organ Donor"
- "Caregivers of People Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease"