You’ll have hands-on experience to advance your skills as early as your freshman year. Our chemistry labs are well-equipped with the modern instrumentation that today’s chemists use. Many students undertake research with their professors, co-publish their findings, and present them at scientific meetings.
Other benefits include:
- A strong pre-professional program
- Access to leading faculty dedicated to providing you with individualized attention and mentorship throughout coursework and research projects
- Small class sizes with 20-30 students in introductory courses and 10-15 in upper-level courses
- Exciting internship opportunities
- External research grants, which give you more opportunities to conduct hands-on research and present your findings at professional meetings
As a graduate of our Chemistry or Biochemistry programs, you can either obtain employment in an industrial laboratory or continue your education in graduate or other another professional school. Most of our students who attend graduate school do so on a full-tuition scholarship and teaching or research assistantships.