Entering the International Stage
Take an active role on the global stage in the International Political Studies program at Ashland University.
What to Expect in the International Political Studies Program
The International Political Studies program is an interdisciplinary program that focuses on helping you understand the global interactions of the past and present. You’ll be exposed to a wide range of perspectives and methodologies including topics such as diplomacy and foreign policy, peace and war, security, international political economy and human rights.
In this program, you’ll:
- Receive personal attention from distinguished professors with a passion for teaching that work closely with you in class and out
- Learn in seminar-style classes rather than lectures to invite interaction and discussion
- Study original texts and speeches from international political figures rather than textbooks to form your own opinions
- Attend prestigious events sponsored by the Ashbrook Center for Public Affairs
- Gain real world experience with internship experience in government and politics
As a graduate of this program, you’ll be prepared for several careers in the dynamic international field, including business, diplomacy, or even journalism.
International Political Studies Career Outlook
With the successful completion of this program, you’ll be prepared to pursue a position in:
International business offices
International news reporting