Nursing & Health Sciences Research Center
Seeking to obtain funds for a research project?
The Ashland University Dwight Schar College of Nursing & Health Sciences (CONHS) Research Center provides research funds for faculty, staff, and students.
How It Works
Each year, based on availability, research grants are awarded to qualified applicants. The funding level varies from $250 to $1,000 and is limited to one per year. Preference is given when the research is:
- Involves more than one investigator
- Addresses a high impact and potential fundable area of research
Please note that grants are not for professional development or travel.
- Applicants must be full-time Ashland University College of Nursing & Health Sciences faculty, staff or students.
- Faculty and students must have applied for the Faculty and Student Provost Research Grants.
- The Primary Investigator is highly encouraged to serve in the Center.
Expectations from Funded Investigators
- A final report of the research is to be submitted to the Research Center 12 months after the start date or within 30 days of the grant closeout. The investigator must also submit copies of all publications resulting from the research.
- Interested faculty, staff and students should see either the Nursing or Health Science Chairs of the Research Center for the evaluation criteria prior to writing the proposal.
- Award recipients are expected to present their findings at the annual Knowledge Integration Research presentations.
- Research proposals funded through this mechanism are suggested to lead to grant applications. Please note that this is not for professional development or travel.
Research Grants are granted by the Nursing and Health Science Research Center Awards Committee. The funding level will vary from $250 to $1,000. The funding is limited to one year. Submission deadline for the 2019-2020 academic year is April 1, 2019.
The proposal should include:
- Specific aims
- Background and significance
- Preliminary studies (if relevant)
- Research design and methods
- Analysis plan
- Detailed time frame
- Detailed budget and budget justification
- Letters of support from collaborating investigators.
Three copies of the application and one copy of the appendices must be submitted.
The chairs of the CONHS Research Center will provide consultation during development of the application.
The Research Center Awards Committee will review and score proposals for funding.