- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2016 and serves as clinical assistant professor of Athletic Training
- Serves as Clinical Education Coordinator for Athletic Training
- Teaches courses on Anatomy, Injury Recognition and Management, Strength and Conditioning, and Organization and Administration
- Licensed to practice athletic training in the State of Ohio
- Certified as an athletic trainer by the NATA Board of Certification
- Certified as a strength and conditioning specialist by the NSCA
- Member of the National Athletic Trainers' Association, Great Lakes Atheltic Trainers Association, and Ohio Athletic Trainers' Association
- Previous clinical practice experiences with high school, collegiate, and professional athletics
257, Rybolt Sport Sciences Center
419.207.6197 / email@example.com
- Ohio University, M.S.
- Ashland University, B.S.
245, Rybolt Sport Sciences Center
419.207.6198 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Joined Ashland University faculty in 2003 and serves as professor of Health Sciences as well as Exercise Science Undergraduate Program coordinator and Applied Exercise Science Graduate Program Coordinator
Teaches undergraduate courses on Exercise Mgmt of Cardiorespiratory Pathophysiology, Kinesiology, Advanced Physiology of Exercise, Sport Nutrition and Substance Abuse and graduate courses on Scientific Foundations of Nutrition in Sport, Fitness Assessment & Exercise Prescription, Principles of Strength Training & Conditioning
Areas of expertise include exercise and sports
Research areas include Ratings of Perceived Exertion, Strength and Conditioning, and Fitness and Health
Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine and a certified strength and conditioning specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- University of Pittsburgh, Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology
- University of Pittsburgh, M.S. in Exercise Physiology
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, B.S. in Natural Sciences
252, Rybolt Sport Sciences Center
419.289.5446 / email@example.com
Joined Ashland University faculty in 2003
Serves as program director and clinical assistant professor of Athletic Training as well as chair of the Department of Health Sciences
Areas of expertise include acute and chronic pain and qualitative research
Serves as site visitor and review team member for CAATE and is a certified athletic trainer
- Georgia Southern University, Ed.D. in Curriculum Studies
- Ohio University, M.S.
- Youngstown State University, B.S. in Education
246, Rybolt Sport Sciences Center
419.207.6165 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2017 and serves as assistant professor of Health Sciences and director of the Public Health Program
- DNP, M.P.H., M.S., B.S.N., The Ohio State University
250, Rybolt Sport Sciences Center
419.207.6199 / email@example.com
256, Rybolt Sport Sciences Center
419.289.5470 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Joined Ashland University faculty in 1998 and serves as associate professor of Health Sciences
Teaches Exercise Science undergraduate courses in Anatomy & Physiology, Pharmacology, Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription I, Exercise for Chronic Diseases, Group Exercise Leadership and Consumer Health
Holds Graduate Faculty status
Teaches in the Applied Exercise Science Masters Program (AEXS 671 & AEXS 673)
Serves as Exercise Science Internship Coordinator for Undergraduate (EXS 493) and Graduate (NUHS 747) programs
Received Female Faculty of the Year in April 2012 and Mentor Award in 2016-2017 academic year (Jessica Brown)
Serves as Faculty advisor for Exercise Science Club and Alpha Gamma Omega Nu (AGON: Health Sciences honorarium)
Faculty advisor for AU Fit Fest which raises money for PROJECT OUTRUN
Holds Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) certifications in Personal Training, Group Exercise and Kickboxing
Advisory Committee Member (invited) for Exercise Science-Sports Medicine: Pioneer Career & Technology Center, Shelby, OH. Fall 2014-present
Advisory Committee Member (invited) for Exercise Science-Sports Medicine: Ashland/West Holmes County Joint Vocational School, Ashland, OH. Spring 2015-present
- Kent State University, Ph.D. (Curriculum & Instruction: Health Education)
- University of Akron, M.S.Ed. (Physiology of Exercise)
- St. Joseph's School of Practical Nursing, L.P.N.
- University of Akron, B.S.Ed. (Health and Physical Education K-12)
239, Rybolt Sport Sciences Center
419.289.5452 / email@example.com
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2013 and serves as clinical assistant professor of Dietetics
- Ohio State University, M.S.
- Ohio State University, B.S.
240, Rybolt Sport Sciences Center
419.289.5292 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2002 and serves as associate professor of Health Sciences and director of the Dietetics Program
- Also serves as director of Sports Nutrition at Ashland University
- Board Certified in Sports Nutrition/Dietetics
- Director of Nutrition for Vantrition, LLC
- Research areas include Nutrition and athletic performance, Development and implementation of nutrition interventions, Nutrition and behaviors, and Food components and cognition
- Courses taught include Human Nutrition, Advanced Human Nutrition and Metabolism, Research in Health Sciences, Society's Influence on Body Image and Eating, Sports Nutrition, Food Sciences, Intro to Dietetics, Nutrition Counseling Skills and Lifecycle Nutrition
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Ph.D.
- Florida State University, M.S.
- Richard Stockton College, B.S.