American History and Government at Ashland
Ashland University's Master of Arts programs in American History and Government are designed to provide the flexibility busy working professionals need. With two unique degree programs, options for teachers and others interested in taking individual courses on a non-degree basis, and two convenient course delivery formats, Ashland's graduate programs in history and government are sure to fit your personal, professional, and educational needs.
A hybrid online/summer master's degree program in American history and government for social studies teachers, community college faculty, museum and library personnel, professional development coordinators, and others with a personal or professional interest in history and government. MAHG is available as a fully on-campus summer program and as a hybrid program blending on-campus summer study with online study.
- 32 semester credit hours
- Focused solely on the study of American history and government
- May be completed as a fully on-campus summer program or as hybrid on-campus/online program
- Traditional master's thesis, capstone project, or comprehensive exam options
An online Master of Arts program designed for secondary school teachers assigned to teach college-level coursework such as dual-credit classes, the MASTAHG program blends graduate-level coursework in the best practices of curriculum and instruction with advanced content study in American history and government. Available as a fully on-campus program, a hybrid program blending on-campus and online study, and as a fully online program.
- 36 semester credit hours
- Blends the study of the latest education theory with in-depth study of history and government
- May be completed as a fully on-campus, hybrid on-campus/online, or fully online program