Program Type
Have Questions?

Program Overview

Do you have a bachelor’s degree in another field with a strong desire to teach? Expedite your teaching license in less than two years with AU’s distinctive Bachelor’s Plus Program.

You will work toward licensure in one of the following areas:

  • Grades Pre-K-Grade 9 and Intervention
    • Early Childhood Education (Pre-K-Grade 3)
    • Middle Grades Education (Grades 4-9) with two concentrations: Math, Science, Social Studies or Language Arts
    • Intervention Specialist (Special Education): Mild-Moderate (Grades K-12)
  • Multi-Age Programs (Grades K-12)
    • Visual Arts
    • Music
    • Foreign Language (French or Spanish)
  • Adolescent-Young Adult (Secondary) Programs (Grades 7-12)
    • Integrated Language Arts
    • Integrated Mathematics
    • Integrated Social Studies
    • Integrated Science
    • Chemistry
    • Earth Science
    • Life Science
    • Physical Science: Chemistry & Physics


Girl in audience of Rich Ferrari "Excellence by Choice" lecture

Bachelor’s Plus Equivalents

We make every attempt to update the equivalent course numbers, but it is your responsibility to assure that any course from another university meets the Ashland course requirements. This list is not all-inclusive and is subject to change. Possible course equivalencies can be found on

Universities and colleges are not required to take transient students. Their first obligation is to their own students. Your request to take a course may be denied on the basis of enrollment or other local factors. Transient Students for Columbus State must meet CSCC's prerequisites.

When applying to Ohio State to take an undergraduate course, call Extended Education at 614-292-8860 or email

If you would like to take a course not listed on this equivalency sheet from another university or college, you will still need to complete a Transient Form and email it to the Office of Records and Registration ( for approval.

Please complete a Transient Form:

You must earn at least a C grade to receive credit for any course taken; submit an official transcript to the Office of Records and Registration ( and work with your assigned Academic Advisor to apply your transfer credit to your AU academic record.

These courses can be used towards your program once you are a registered student and will be entered in your record during your first semester. The accepted courses are evaluated based on current equivalents, course descriptions and approval by faculty.

Once you are an AU student, you have the opportunity to appeal to AU faculty members for additional coursework to be applied to your record. The decisions on appeals are final.