Business Administration is the largest program offered by AU’s College of Business and Economics for good reason. Graduates of this program gain the skills to be of value to any kind of business in any industry —from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, wholesale to retail, to . . . anywhere! An abundance of high-paying careers await AU Business Administration graduates.
Acquire Highly Marketable Skills
As a Business Administration major, you’ll acquire an in-depth understanding of finance, employee relations, marketing, data management and other key aspects of business. You’ll also learn to orchestrate the operations of these interrelated areas smoothly, efficiently and effectively.
How Do I Know If This Major Is Right for Me?
If you don’t know what you want to do yet, but you want to be sure to leave college with highly marketable skills, a business administration degree is a great choice. You are particularly well suited for this major if you are any or all of the following:
- Someone who enjoys flexibility and likes having lots of options
- You are sociable or just curious about what motivates people
- You thrive with variety, learning and problem-solving
You’ll also need to learn a little practical math, and our professors are here to ensure your success and to help you understand how to apply the skills you gain.
Can You Give Me a Glimpse of My Future?
While we can’t predict the career path you’ll take, we can describe what majoring in business administration is like at AU. As a business administration major, you’ll:
- Have small classes taught by accredited professors who give you individual attention
- Study a variety of business operations and how they’re interrelated. For example, you might study people management, finance, marketplace analysis, business planning and advertising.
- Network and socialize in student organizations
- Participate in internships that offer the real-world, practical experience that prospective employers value and that prepare you for the opportunities to come