Chemistry is an ancient field of study, but modern life depends on it. Every day, chemists contribute to the development of new medicines, construction materials, cleaner fuels, criminal lab procedures and other vital advancements. You will quickly learn how challenging this work can be, but also what a significant impact you can have on the world.
The Chemistry program is approved by the American Chemical Society.
View the current four-year guides for our programs:
- Biochemistry, BS
- Chemistry & ACS Chemistry, BS
- Chemistry Education, BSEd
- Environmental Science/Chemistry, BS
- Forensic Chemistry, BS
- Integrated Science Education, BSEd
- Integrated Science Education, BSEd (General Physics Option)
- Integrated Science Education, BSEd (University Physics Option)
- Physical Science Education, BSEd
Our graduates gain employment in industrial laboratories or continue their education in graduate or professional school. Many students who pursue graduate school do so with a full-tuition scholarship and utilize teaching or research assistantships.
Employers of Recent Graduates
- Proctor and Gamble
- Ashland Chemical Company