Technology changes every day with new practices, new trends and new languages to learn. The world needs innovative, tech-savvy professionals who can withstand the onslaught of growth while specializing in fields like programming, software development, networks, system administration and cybersecurity. Our Computer Science program helps you fulfill those needs. Through hands-on training and an exciting education, you will leave this program well-prepared for a high-income and in-demand career in technology.
As a student of Computer Science, you can take advantage of an exceptionally strong programming curriculum that includes:
- Personal attention from professors, all of whom are experts in tech and computer science
- Tangible learning experience through activities and education in small class sizes
- Access to state-of-the-art computers that run on Linux, Solaris, MacOS and Windows. Computers are equipped with compilers, word processors, software development tools, spreadsheet and database programs, web design and programming tools and other applications to enhance your learning experience
- Participation in national and international programming competitions where you can further build your skills
- A capstone software development project to solve a company's real-life computer science problem
Internships and Career Opportunities
Internship opportunities at local and regional companies allow you to gain real-world experience, college credit and a steady paycheck.
Recent Mathematics and Computer Science students had internships at Ashland University, Encova Insurance, Etactics, Inc., FirstEnergy, J.M. Smucker Co. and Wentworth Solutions.
Employers of Recent Graduates
- Kyle Hall, ‘21 - Network administrator at ArcelorMittal USA
- Josiah Moore, ‘21 - Software developer at MindGlimpse
- Nathaniel Redden, '20 - Senior software engineer at Nationwide