Homeland Security is a great choice for a major if you want to work on the front lines and be involved with emergencies as they happen. People who excel in this field aren’t averse to confronting a disaster directly.
Whether you’re interested in working in counter intelligence for the FBI or want to pursue a new career path with FEMA or in corporate security, this program will give you the tools required to succeed.
At Ashland University
- Up to 30 credit hours of credit can be awarded for life and work experience through a Prior Learning Assessment Portfolio.
- Veterans who served in the armed forces for at least 36 months after Sept. 10, 2001, have the Federal Yellow Ribbon program available. AU matches funding provided by the Veterans Administration up to a total of $11,000.
- 15% tuition discount for members of the Fraternal Order of Police, First Responders and their immediate families.
- You have flexibility - Courses begin every eight weeks, the program is 100% online and you can finish faster by taking summer courses.
- The program requirements allow you to pursue a double major to improve your career options.
- Learn from professors who have experience and connections in the field.
- You will gain the knowledge and skills to work within the four primary security contexts: border, transportation, environmental and infrastructure.
- You will graduate with the tools and knowledge required to be effective on the job immediately and the foundation needed for entry-level management-track roles.
Intern with law enforcement agencies, county EMA agencies and the Advanced Technical Intelligence Center.
- The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission to secure the nation from the many threats we face. More than 240,000 people are employed in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that protective service jobs will grow by 3%, which is 95,200 new jobs, between 2019 and 2029.
- Our graduates may go on to positions with:
- Coast Guard
- Corporate Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Secret Service
- U.S. Customs
Program Director, Online Criminal Justice and Homeland Security Programs
249 College of Education
238 College of Education