Prepare for an active role on the global stage with the International Political Studies program. This interdisciplinary degree program provides you with understanding of global interactions, both past and present. During your studies, you will gain perspective on a wide range of cultural methodologies, including those of diplomacy and foreign policy, peace and war, security, international political economy and human rights.
In the International Political Studies Program, you will work closely with faculty who understand the historical contexts and current trends in the ever-changing, international landscape. Their passion for teaching, combined with research and and contemporary political theory, will nurture your inquiries about international relations and geopolitics.
You will also:
- Learn in seminar-style classes that promote discussion, interaction and involvement
- Study original texts and speeches from international political figures that allow you to form your own opinions and ideas
- Attend prestigious events sponsored by the Ashbrook Center for Public Affairs
- Gain real-world experience with internships in government and politics
For details about the courses in this program, view the Four-Year Curriculum Guide and Academic Catalog.
Graduates of the International Political Studies Program have gone to work in:
- Government agencies
- Diplomatic services
- International business offices
- International news reporting
John Moser, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of History and Political Science
119 Andrews Hall
203 Bixler Hall