Both the Technology Director Certificate and the Technology Director Endorsement prepare teachers to serve as building or campus-level technology facilitators. Completing either of these 18-credit-hour programs will equip you with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to:
- Teach technology applications
- Demonstrate effective use of technology to support student learning
- Provide professional development, mentoring and basic technical assistance for other teachers.
Our students have a 100% pass rate on the Ohio Assessments for Educators Computer/Tech I & II subtests. Enroll in a program proven to give you the skills you need!
What You Can Expect to Learn
- Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century Classroom
- Telecommunications & Networking for Educators
- Instructional Design
- Issues & Concerns Related to Technology in Education
- Methods for Integrating Technology
- Organization & Management of Educational Technology
Course of Study
Technology Director Endorsement
The endorsement program is an accredited program that leads to a K-12 Technology Director endorsement that attaches to a current Ohio teaching license. Candidates must complete the OAE exams (016 & 017) and must apply for endorsement through the Ohio Department of Education through OH/ID.
Technology Director Certificate
The certificate program prepares preservice or inservice teachers to serve as district technology facilitators. It is not a Technology Director endorsement. The certificate does not require passing the OAE exams.
Technology Director Endorsement and Certificate
- EDCI 522: Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century Classroom (3)
- EDCI 512: Networking and Technology Infrastructure for Schools (3)
- EDCI 536: Instructional Design for Technology Integration (3) Must be taken through Ashland University
- EDCI 537: Social, Cultural, and Political Aspects to Technology Use in the Education of All Students (3) Must be taken through Ashland University
- EDCI 538 Designing and Implementing Professional Development for the Technology Leader (3) Must be taken through Ashland University
- EDCI 633: Organization and Transformation Change through Technology (3)
Total Hours: 18