AU Eagle Wellness
Wellness… it’s more than diet and exercise!
Wellness is an interactive process of becoming aware of and practicing healthy choices to create a more successful and balanced lifestyle.
- Striving for a balanced lifestyle is an integrated living pattern that involves several dimensions: physical, social, environmental, occupational, spiritual, intellectual and emotional (see model). The process of achieving wellbeing is constant and dynamic.
- Aware means that you are by nature continuously seeking more information about how you can improve.
- Choices mean that you have considered a variety of options and selected those that seem to be in your best interest.
- Success is determined by you to be your personal collection of accomplishments for your life.
(adapted from University of Nebraska, Lincoln)
AU Eagle Well's Vision is to have the healthiest campus possible where faculty, staff and students can enjoy optimal wellness.
AU Campus Wellness Challenge
Campus Wellness Links
- Ashland University Wellness Opportunities by Dimension for Students
- Ashland University Wellness Opportunities by Dimension for Employees
- To learn more about the definition of wellness, see below.
- Click here to download a PDF of a table explaining the wellness elements.