Joellen Badertscher is from Apple Creek, OH. She is a junior at Ashland University studying Art Education with a concentration in Ceramics. Joellen has her own pottery business and sells her wares locally at Vines Bakery and also works at the Ashland University Recreation Center as a Facility Manager. Joellen was selected for an 2021 summer art education program internship at the Mansfield Art Center in Mansfield Ohio.
Leatherman and Badertscher were chosen from a very prestigious group of students within the department for their academic and personal achievements.
The purpose of the 2021 Academic Honors Convocation Awards Ceremony is to celebrate academic achievement, promote community and recognize outstanding students in each Department....Read more
Gregory, from Cambridge, OH, will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Commercial Art with a concentration in Graphic Design and a minor in Marketing. She is a youngest child...Read more
- The Coburn Gallery provides ample exhibition space for nationally-known artists as well as the outstanding work of students and faculty.
- Our studio facilities are well equipped and well lit so you can do your very best work
- The ceramic studio includes 16 wheels and two gas-fired kilns.
- The sculpture studio houses equipment for metal fabrication including MIG welders, oxy-acetylene torches, a plasma cutter and ring rollers. The studio also features a foundry equipped for bronze and aluminum casting and includes a well-equipped wood shop.
- The painting studio is well lit and well ventilated and equipped with easels and workspace for projects in various sizes.
- The computer lab includes 15 PC stations, 15 flat-bed scanners, a 42” large format printer with archival ink and an 8’ x 10’ projection system