The honorable mention award was presented to Rachel Brooks, a digital art major with a minor in creative writing for her digital art and animation works titled "Grandpa’s Attic".
#AUArtDesign #ashlanduniversity #coburnartgallery #thecovidturn #supportstudentartists...Read more
The exhibition, featuring artworks created by graduating seniors in the Department of Art and Design, will open April 30 via the Gallery’s Facebook page. Links to virtual exhibitions- https://youtu.be/-ZhN6gUVcs8 & https://youtu.be/iTSHaX76mGM
“While the 2020 Senior Art + Design Exhibition provides the capstone experience for graduating art and design majors, it represents more than just students’ studio art experiences,” said Coburn Gallery director Cynthia Petry. “For these students of the liberal arts, the exhibition is the culmination of their undergraduate careers at Ashland University.”
This year’s virtual exhibition will run through May 9 and includes graphic design, illustration, printmaking, digital art, painting and video.
Senior Art + Design Exhibiting artists include Halle Sanford, Michael Wolfrum, Rachel Brooks, Allie Hamilton, Robby Young, Graydon Flynn, Jackson Bay and Sophi Cudworth.
Sanford, of Caldwell, will graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Art with a concentration in Painting, a Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and a minor in Art History. She is a 2016 graduate of Caldwell High School and is the daughter of Jeffrey and Lisa Sanford. During her four years at AU, she has been a member of Art Club and also exhibited work at three student juried shows. Sanford served as the graphic design intern at Chandler Systems in Ashland during the summer of 2019. Upon graduation in May, she plans to find a job in the field of graphic Design.
Wolfrum, from Defiance, will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Commercial Art with a concentration in Graphic Design and minors in Computer Science and...Read more
- The Coburn Gallery provides ample exhibition space for nationally-known artists as well as the outstanding work of students and faculty.
- Our studio facilities are well equipped and well lit so you can do your very best work
- The ceramic studio includes 16 wheels and two gas-fired kilns.
- The sculpture studio houses equipment for metal fabrication including MIG welders, oxy-acetylene torches, a plasma cutter and ring rollers. The studio also features a foundry equipped for bronze and aluminum casting and includes a well-equipped wood shop.
- The painting studio is well lit and well ventilated and equipped with easels and workspace for projects in various sizes.
- The computer lab includes 15 PC stations, 15 flat-bed scanners, a 42” large format printer with archival ink and an 8’ x 10’ projection system