Your EagleCard is much more than just your official identification card (ID). On campus, it gives you access to residence halls and other secured areas as well as admission to campus events. It also gives you the ability to obtain meals, snacks and other goods and services. Off-campus, you can use it to get discounts at loads of local businesses. Read on to learn more!
Your EagleCard gets you into Ashland University events as well as residence halls and other secured areas. It also allows you to access a wide array of goods and services by functioning as your:
- Use the barcode on the back of your EagleCard to check out materials from the Ashland University Library and the Ashland Theological Seminary Library.
- Use the ID number under your picture on your EagleCard to
- Check out books when you visit one of the other 76 OhioLINK academic libraries.
- Request that a book found in the OhioLINK catalog be sent to you at Ashland University.
- Check the status of your library account using EaglePAC (the library catalog).
- Present your EagleCard when entering a dining hall and your meal will be deducted from your meal-plan account. You are then free to enjoy the many offerings of Ashland University's award-winning dining service.
Ticket to AU athletic events
- Students: Present your EagleCard at any regular season athletic event to receive free admission.
- Faculty & Staff: Present your EagleCard at any regular season athletic event to receive free admission for you and your immediate family.
Prepaid debit card for:
- A la carte meals in the Eagles' Nest, Schar Cafe, Tuffy’s Smoothie Bar, Conard Cafe and Talons Concessions
- Bookstore and other campus store purchases
- Vending area purchases
- Postage in the mailroom
- Tickets at the Ashland University Box Office for campus events
- Depositing funds at three locations on campus as well as the Online Card Office
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Closed on Saturdays and Sundays
John C. Myers Convocation Center
Ashland, OH 44805
Businesses in both Ashland and Mansfield offer discounts to AU students and employees. Present your EagleCard to get special AU discounts on goods and/or services wherever you see a “Show Your Eagle Card for Discount” window sticker displayed.
The “Hatching” and Feeding of Your EagleCard
To make purchases with your EagleCard, you must first activate and transfer funds to it. You can do this — and load additional funds onto your card as needed — in any of the following ways:
- ONLINE: Select manage your account to get started. Then select add cash now and follow the instructions.
- IN PERSON: Make a deposit using cash, check or credit card in the EagleCard office located in Lower Convocation/Student Dining.
- IN HCSC BOOKSTORE: Make a deposit using cash, check or credit card in the Hawkins Conard Student Center Bookstore.
- BY MAIL: Mail a check or money order to EagleCard Office, 401 College Ave., Ashland, OH 44805.
- BY PHONE: Call the EagleCard Office during normal business hours at 419-289-5076.
As you use your EagleCard for purchases, funds will be deducted from it. Do note, however, that you cannot use Eagle Dollars to pay tuition or room & board expenses. To learn more about what you can — and cannot — do with your EagleCard, please read and cooperate with all of the EagleCard policies.
Caring for Your EagleCard
More than just an ID card, your EagleCard is a valuable possession containing a stored monetary value for purchasing power as well as the ability to grant access to the many student services which are a part of the Ashland experience. As such, you will want to care for your EagleCard properly and quickly deactivate it should it ever go missing. To prevent card damage and subsequent interruption of your access to campus services, we recommend keeping your EagleCard in a protective case.
Replacing A Lost or Stolen Card
If you ever lose your card or discover that it has been stolen, deactivate it immediately by going to the Manage Your Account page, logging in and selecting "Card Services” or by calling — or showing up in person at — the EagleCard Office (extension 5076) in Lower Convocation/Student Dining (during business hours) or to Safety Services(extension 5555) in the Hawkins Conard Student Center (after business hours).
To get a temporary card, you must go in person to the EagleCard Office in Lower Convocation/Student Dining (during business hours) or to Safety Services in the Hawkins Conard Student Center (after business hours) and pay a non-refundable $5 fee. This temporary card will be active immediately, giving you access to services such as the meal plan and entry into residence halls, but it will only work for 72 hours — a sufficient amount of time for you to obtain a replacement card. If you fail to return the temporary card, you will be charged an additional $25 fee.
To obtain a replacement card, you must go to the EagleCard Office, Lower Convocation/Student Dining and pay a $10 fee. This fee is charged only for lost or stolen cards and worn out cards that are not returned to the EagleCard Office.
As a card holder, you must protect your Eagle Dollars and meal plan credits, the security of our living and dining halls and the university departments that rely on the card. The following policies and procedures have been developed to help you do that. It is your responsibility to read, understand and comply with all of these policies.
- Only you may use your EagleCard. You may not loan your card to anyone else at any time. Should you loan your card to someone else, you will be held responsible for any activity, service, privilege or sales transaction that occurs with your card.
- You must present the EagleCard upon the request of a university official. University staff are required to examine ID cards when they are presented for goods or services. They do this to ensure that the card is being used by the person to whom it was issued — in other words, for your protection. They may also request additional identification to verify your identity.
- Your card expires when you, the card holder, are no longer affiliated with AU. Your EagleCard is the property of Ashland University.
- You must never leave your EagleCard with an individual or department as collateral for goods or services. If you do leave your card with another person or department, you will be held responsible for any activity, service, privilege or sales transaction that occurs with your card. Please notify the EagleCard Office if you are asked to leave your card with anyone.
- You must deactivate your card and report it to have been lost or stolen as soon as you discover this fact. To deactivate your EagleCard, go to the Manage Your Account page, log in and select "Card Services”; or, notify the EagleCard Office (extension 5076) during business hours or the Safety Services Office (extension 5555) after business hours.
- To obtain a temporary card, you must show up in person at either the EagleCard Office located in Lower Convocation/Student Dining or Safety Services in the Hawkins Conard Student Center and pay a non-refundable $5 fee. This temporary card will be active immediately, giving you access to services such as the meal plan and entry into residence halls, but it will only work for 72 hours — a sufficient amount of time for you to obtain a replacement card. If you fail to return the temporary card, you will be charged an additional $25 fee.
- To obtain a replacement card, you must go to the EagleCard Office located in Lower Convocation/Student Dining during business hours and pay a $10 fee. You will not be charged for the replacement of a worn out card, however, as long as you return that card to the EagleCard Office.
- If your ID number or your name changes, you must notify the Eagle Card Office as soon as possible.
- To extend the life of your card, please handle your ID card carefully and store it in a protective sleeve or wallet. Do not put it in the washing machine, dryer or dishwasher; do not use it as a tool; and do not punch a hole in it.
- You may be subject to disciplinary procedures if you tamper with —or allow another person to tamper with — an EagleCard’s magnetic stripe or barcode, data line or any related equipment. If you witness misuse of a card or card reader, please notify Safety Services.
- You cannot use Eagle Dollars to pay for tuition or room & board expenses.
Your cooperation with all of the aforementioned policies and procedures helps us to protect your Eagle Dollars from theft, our residence halls and other secure areas from unauthorized intruders and to maintain all the benefits currently available from our EagleCards.