Expressing Yourself Through Music
Whether you want to study music as a major or minor or continue your involvement by performing in an ensemble, the Ashland University Music Department offers you many opportunities to participate.
In the Music Department, you’ll find:
- Outstanding artist-teachers and scholars dedicated to encouraging and inspiring you every day
- Small class sizes and individual attention in a challenging and supportive environment
- Music ensembles, where you’ll perform concerts on campus and tour regionally each year
- Opportunities to travel and perform internationally - previous trips have included Spain, Italy, Germany and Austria
- Campus involvement opportunities including the Ashland University band and choirs
Bands and Choirs
The Music Department supports the University Symphonic Band, University Marching Band, Jazz Orchestra, Community Band and several small ensembles, including woodwind ensemble, jazz combo, brass ensemble, flute choir and percussion ensemble. We also support The Ashland Area Chorus, The Women's Chorus, The Ashland University Choir, The Chamber Singers and The Opera Workshop.
For more information, visit the page for AU Bands or AU Choirs.
Visit the Music Department
- Prospective students can easily arrange to visit classes, take a lesson and attend rehearsals.
- Email Joanna Riffle at email@example.com to make an appointment for your visit.
Admission to the Music Education program requires an entrance audition, which also determines the recipients of talent-based scholarships. The audition process is:
- Review audition procedures
- Choose your audition pieces
- Schedule your audition
Chair, Music and Theatre Departments
Professor of Music
209 Center for the Arts
Auditions and General Information
204 Center for the Arts