Expressing Yourself Through Music
Whether you want to study music as a major or minor or continue your involvement by performing in an ensemble, the Ashland University Music Department offers you many opportunities to participate.
In the Music Department, you’ll find:
- Outstanding artist-teachers and scholars dedicated to encouraging and inspiring you every day
- Small class sizes and individual attention in a challenging and supportive environment
- Music ensembles, where you’ll perform concerts on campus and tour regionally each year
- Opportunities to travel and perform internationally - previous trips have included Spain, Italy, Germany and Austria
- Campus involvement opportunities including the Ashland University band and choirs
Bands and Choirs
The Music Department supports the University Symphonic Band, University Marching Band, Jazz Orchestra, Community Band and several small ensembles, including woodwind ensemble, jazz combo, brass ensemble, flute choir and percussion ensemble. We also support The Ashland Area Chorus, The Women's Chorus, The Ashland University Choir, The Chamber Singers and The Opera Workshop.
Visit the Music Department
- Prospective students can easily arrange to visit classes, take a lesson and attend rehearsals.
- Email email@example.com to make an appointment for your visit.
Admission to the Music program requires an entrance audition, which also determines the recipients of talent-based scholarships.
The Dean's Scholarship was created to enhance the undergraduate academic experience for new first-time and transfer students enrolled in a major within the College of Arts & Sciences. It is a merit-based, renewable scholarship of $1,500 that can be "stacked" on top of other awarded AU academic scholarships. In addition, students have the opportunity to participate in unique academic communities with a focus on career coaching and preparation.
Dean's Scholarships are available in these areas:
- Art and Music
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice and Emergency Management
- Journalism and Digital Media
- Languages and Literatures
- Social Work