In the Business Analytics program, you’ll learn to use state-of-the-art software tools and techniques to collect, manage and interpret data. You will develop plans for applying those insights to sustain and grow businesses. You’ll also gain the skills to communicate effectively across all levels of business. The skills you learn in this program combine very well with other majors and minors, including marketing, management information systems, computer science, mathematics, finance, business management and sport management.
You can look forward to:
- Small classes in which you get individual attention from your professors
- Faculty with real-world analytics experience
- Using state-of-the-art software tools, techniques and programming skills to aggregate and analyze data in our hands-on lab
- Learning to communicate your insights both visually and verbally
How to Know If This Major Is Right for You
This program is ideal for anyone who:
- Is a logical, analytical thinker
- Would like to forecast trends and event outcomes
- Likes solving problems, testing hypotheses and/or tinkering with software
- Enjoys turning data into visual graphics that tell a powerful story
- Is comfortable doing some math and working with statistics
Business analysts are some of the most sought-after and valued people in the workplace. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects faster growth in this field than the average for all occupations. Specifically, between 2020 and 2030 the need for business analysts and other data scientists is expected to grow by 30 percent.