This program grooms you to become that rare individual who understands information technology (IT) systems and business practices and processes so well that you can design and adapt IT to improve business operations and performance. In addition, it gives you the communication skills to explain the needs of a business to IT pros and the capabilities of IT to corporate executives.
How to Know If This Major Is Right for You
This program is ideal for anyone who:
- Likes working with technology
- Has an interest in business
- Is an effective communicator
- Has a logical, analytical mind
- Enjoys solving problems
You can look forward to:
- Small classes in which you get individual attention from your professors
- Honing your logic and conceptualization skills
- Discovering how to gather, store and interpret information that’s vital to the success of a business
- Getting practical consulting experience by helping real businesses develop solutions for actual problems
Student Organizations and Internships
- There are a number of student organizations in the College of Business and Economics.
- There are also many internships available in the College of Business and Economics.
The cutting-edge curriculum for the MIS program at Ashland University includes a wide variety of courses to equip you for a career in information systems, including Information Technology, Introduction to Management and Business Communications.
View the Academic Catalog for complete degree requirements.
Information technology-related jobs represent five of the top 25 identified growing occupations. In fact, The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that growth in demand is expected to be 28 percent over the next ten years.