Do you want to become a practicing digital artist or enter the digital creative workforce? Our digital art concentration will prepare you to do both with a fundamental art education while allowing you to explore the vast visual possibilities that can result from the combination of art and technology.
Your technical, aesthetic and conceptual investigations will take you into all sorts of dynamic digital media, including:
- Digital photography and imaging
- Vector illustration
- Digital art/mixed-media hybrids
- Video art
- 2D animation
- 3D modeling, animation and imaging
You can look forward to:
- Opportunities to exhibit your work
- Learning from guest speakers who are working digital artists
- Going on art expeditions through Art Club
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that there will be approximately 5,900 openings for craft and fine artists each year, on average, from 2021 to 2031, with many of those openings resulting from the need to replace artists who transfer to different occupations or exit the labor force. The median salary of a craft or fine artist in 2021 was $49,960.
Daniel McDonald, MFA
Chair of the Art + Design Department, Associate Professor of Art
227 Center for the Arts