Guided by the University's vision and strategic plan and with the knowledge that veterans offer a unique academic and social quality to the University, the Office of Veteran Services is established to support all current and former members of the United States Armed Forces and their families through exceptional programming and advocacy throughout their tenure as students and beyond.
Call to Active Duty
Ashland University recognizes and appreciates the contributions and sacrifices that our Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard service members make. Students who are called to serve must contact the Office of Veteran Services and submit a copy of military orders to their veteran advisor. Students will work with their advisor to provide as much advance notice to instructors as well as any other departments on campus as possible to avoid interruptions in study.
Programs and Services
- Benefit Application assistance
- Admissions assistance and counseling
- Academic advising and degree planning
- VA Benefit counseling
- Internship opportunities
- Career planning
- Student Veterans of America
- Veteran Recognition Events
- Veteran Lounge and Study Spaces
Steps to using your VA benefits
- Apply for VA Education benefits
- Apply for admission to Ashland University at https://www.ashland.edu/content/admissions-and-aid
- Accepted students will submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility or Authorization Form (Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation) to the Office of Veteran Services and be assigned a Veteran Advisor.
- Course Registration (in consultation with Professional and/or Faculty Advisor)
- Contact the Office of Veteran Services to schedule Certification Appointment with Veteran Advisor
Steps 4-5 will repeat each term a student enrolls in courses