Continue your education, advance your career, and make an impact! In today's economy, learning new skills is not only encouraged, it's necessary to set yourself apart. Ashland University’s Office of Workforce Development (WFD) provides forward-thinking, professional training to meet evolving corporate demands. Give yourself a competitive edge by enrolling in innovative programs led by industry professionals. Gain real-world knowledge and applicable strategies to drive results - today and in the future!
Who we are
WFD takes AU’s tradition of academic excellence beyond the traditional classroom and into the workplace. We offer industry-driven, non-credit courses, programs and certifications that help employers meet recruitment and retention goals, and that help individuals add value to their skillset.
We also partner with industry leaders, economic development organizations, state agencies, K-12 school districts and other higher education institutions to provide affordable, customized training opportunities–some are offered at NO COST to individuals or employers.
Who we serve
- Students– we help secondary and post-secondary students enhance their education and upskill their resumes as they prepare to enter the workforce. Some of these opportunities are available at no cost due to IMAP funding!
- Employers– we offer customized options, in-person and online, to help with training needs. We can even help you access funding to offset and/or cover the cost! Learn more on our TechCred and IMAP pages!
- Professionals– we can help you upskill by adding professional credentials and certifications. These can set you apart from other candidates in today's competitive job market.
- Community Partners– connect with us to collaborate! We currently offer $1,000 credit toward Workforce Training for Gold Level Eagle Community Partners and work closely with the Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation to fund a number of training programs and projects.
Credentials & Certifications
Online training and courses offered include
- 5G Readiness Certification (Adults and High School)- earn stackable micro-credentials leading to certification from Wireless Infrastructure Association (WIA). Credentials are offered depending on demand. Credentials 1 and 2 running now; sign our interest list!
- Cleanroom Bootcamp for Educators- learn about the semiconductor industry and cleanroom technology--hands-on! Tour local cleanroom manufacturers and discover the skills needed for your students to get jobs in this growing industry! Funded by a generous grant from Intel, teachers can earn 1 or 2 graduate credits from Ashland University for this immersive learning experience at NO COST. Limited to 12 teachers; register today!
- Personal and Professional Skills Courses- affordable, fun and easy to use online courses that develop and improve fundamental skills for lifelong learners. Examples include: Interpersonal Communication, Grant Writing and Project Management Professional PMP® Prep.
- Career Training Certificate Programs- learn in-demand skills recognized by employers. Many courses prepare students for national certification. Support is offered via phone, email or live chat 7 days a week. Examples include: Adobe Certified Video Design, ACE Personal Training and Lean Six Sigma.
- Leadership Certificates- make an impact by advancing your leadership skills. Examples include: Engineering Leadership and Women in Leadership.
- Addiction in the Workplace- learn how to navigate the effects that mental health and addiction have on the workplace and its policies. Examples include: Medical Marijuana and Supervisory Training.
- Resiliency in the Workplace
- Professional License and Certification Renewal programs
- eSports Coaching Certificate
- Customized Professional Development options- we are working on a variety of projects with our state and higher education partners including Broadband, Clean Room and Manufacturing Bootcamps for Educators.
- Let us know your training needs; contact us for your no cost consultation.