Careers in Management Information Systems
Average Career Salary
Anticipated demand over next 10 years
Information technology related jobs represent five of the top 25 identified growing occupations. In fact, The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that network systems and data communication analysts will be the top occupation in the U.S. between now and 2016. Growth in demand is expected to be 28% over the next ten years.
Recent employers of our Management Information Systems graduates include:
• Ashland University
• Beacon Graphics
• Grange Mutual
• IBM Corporation
• J.M. Smucker Company
• Key Corporation
• PNC Corporation
• Nationwide Indemnity Insurance Co.
• Westfield Companies
• Business Analyst
• Computer Programmer
• Database Administrator
• Director of Technology
• Field Service Technician
• Government Official
• Network Administrator
• Project Manager
• Software Trainer
• Web Designer
Systems thinking + technical and communication skills = great jobs
Need to combine your love of technology with core business savvy?
Systems thinking, an ability to analyze business problems and a sound technical knowledge coupled with strong communication skills will get you noticed – and, you’ll gain all those skills as an Ashland University MIS student.
What You’ll Love About the Management Information Systems Major:
- Together, our close-knit group of students explores the strategic and logistical side of information management.
- You can combine your love of technology with core business savvy.
- Hone your logic and conceptualization skills so that you can bridge the gap between technology pros and executives or other staff.
- You’ll learn to gather, store and interpret key information and to provide organization-wide leadership.
- By working on consulting teams with real businesses, you can develop solutions to help companies handle and use information better.
- You will walk out the door at graduation knowing good jobs await in organizations of all sizes, in all industries