You are here
Management Information Systems
Management Information Systems Program
Technology Making Business Better
Do you have a love for technology and strong communication skills? Learn how to use technology to improve business practices with the Management Information Systems (MIS) program at Ashland University.
What to Expect
In today’s economy, managing information is critical to business success, and businesses need employees who understand IT systems to help them succeed.
As a Management Information Systems major, you’ll learn how to combine systems thinking and technical communication skills to get you noticed by future employers. You’ll explore the strategic and logistical side of information management to gain an invaluable perspective and help companies realize the maximum benefit from investing in technology and business processes.
Management Information Systems Program Benefits
In this program, you will:
- Combine your love of technology with core business savvy
- Learn in small class sizes with individualized attention
- Benefit from a dedicated faculty determined to helping you succeed
- Hone your logic and conceptualization skills to bridge the gap between technology pros and executives
- Gather, store, and interpret key information to provide organization-wide leadership
- Gain consulting experience with real businesses and help develop business solutions in real-time
The cutting-edge curriculum for the MIS program at Ashland University includes a wide variety of courses to equip you for a career in information systems including information technology, introduction to management, business communications, and more.
Management Information Systems Career Outlook
Average Career Salary
Anticipated Career Growth
Information technology related jobs represent five of the top 25 identified growing occupations. In fact, The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that growth in demand is expected to be 28 percent over the next ten years
Recent employers of MIS graduates:
- Ashland University
- Beacon Graphics
- Grange Mutual
- IBM Corporation
- J.M. Smucker Company
- Key Corporation
- PNC Corporation
- Nationwide Indemnity Insurance Co.
- Westfield Companies
- Business Analyst
- Computer Programmer
- Database Administrator
- Director of Technology
- Field Service Technician
- Government Official
- Network Administrator
- Project Manager
- Software Trainer
- Web Designer