The Ashland University Safety Services department is a support services department that enforces campus policies and maintains a safe and secure environment for the campus community. Located on the first floor in the Hawkins-Conard Student Center, the Safety Services department operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Around-the-clock service is provided by a dispatcher and at least one uniformed, unarmed officer patrolling campus. Common services of this department are outlined below.
- Routine safety/security patrol of campus, including residence halls
- Monitor electronic building access status
- Safety Escorts - available 24 hours a day
- Registration/distribution of parking permits
- Response to reports of crime or criminal behavior
- Assist motorists with vehicle lockouts and jumpstarts
- Assist students locked out of their room/residence hall