Ashland University, supported by the National Science Foundation S-STEM Program, is pleased to offer the AU Science Scholars Program. The program provides renewable scholarships to outstanding incoming students with financial need who are majoring in a natural science discipline at AU (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, environmental science, geology, physics, or toxicology), who plan to pursue a career in science, and who are selected to join the program.
Features of the AU Science Scholars program include:
- Guidance from faculty, peer, and alumni mentors
- Participation in a learning community with fellow AU Science Scholars
- Enhanced career-preparation programming for the science field
- Renewable scholarships ranging in amounts from $4,000 - $10,000 (avg. $5,600)
In order to be eligible for consideration to join the Ashland University Science Scholars Program, applicants must:
- Have been accepted to Ashland University for the 2017 - 2018 year prior to the completion of this application
- Have the following academic requirements:
- A minimum ACT or SAT of a 23 or a 1070, respectively
- A minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0
- Be a full-time student
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or refugee alien
- Be a natural science major
- File the FAFSA (Available to be filed on October 1, 2017.)
- Complete this application by March 1, 2018
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1643489 (DUE).
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.