PROLOQUO2GO BASICS LEV 1
YOU MUST BE AN EMPLOYEE FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE TO PARTICIPATE
Course Instructor: Aaron Marsters
Course Description: Do you work with students who are nonverbal or who have complex communication needs? Proloquo2Go is now available on the select DoDEA iPads within Europe. This is an award-winning symbol-supported communication app providing a voice to over 125,000 individuals who cannot speak. It is designed to promote growth of communication skills and foster language development through research-based vocabularies.
This course is intended to move professionals from a novice to intermediate level of operational competency using the P2Go app. Users will learn how to create users, customize vocabularies and increase understanding of the P2Go vocabulary profiles. Linguistic competency is expected to improve through frequent and repeated use of the app.
Participants will complete a workbook that includes 19 lessons within Schoology. Participants will watch tutorial videos, read materials and have extended hands on practice using the P2Go app to complete various tasks.
Learner Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, participants will:
1. Know how to enable Guided Access, and iOS restrictions.
2. Learn how to get started and set up P2Go for a user.
3. Learn the foundation of P2Go-Core and Fringe words.
4. Setup and understand various grid sizes.
5. Learn how to customize, hide, add and delete buttons.
6. Learn how P2Go supports language development.
7. Learn the differences and similarities between Basic, Intermediate and
Advanced vocabulary files.
8. Increase speed and vocabulary use when using P2Go through the use of
9. Speak with P2Go using various grammar options.
10. Increase understanding of where words are stored within the different
11. Use activity templates and core words to support student language acquisition.
12. Enable word prediction for literate students.
13. Critically rate and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the app.
You will complete a digital workbook to complete the course.
You will need the following:
P2Go v. 4 Manual: Link to manual
iPad or iPad mini with P2Go version 4+ to complete this section of the class. Note: P2Go is only available through Apple iOS products. Contact your local AT-ISS for iPad availability. Within DoDEA East, contact: email@example.com
Ability to watch online tutorial videos created by the P2Go developers.
Internet connectivity and DoDEA Schoology access.
Word processor to complete the 19 activities.
Grades are based on completion of the assigned workbook.
Directions for accessing course through Schoology:
Go to https://schoology.dodea.edu. Add the following course: GXB26-3XTW3
Navigate to the P2Go Basics folder. Complete all activities before the course completion date.
- Location of Meeting:Varies